Who We Are
Volant is an equal partnership of exceptional traders, quantitative strategists, and technologists who seek out and share each others’ expertise every day as they collaborate toward a collective goal. Founded in 2006, our consistent track record of success is a testament to what can be accomplished when smart, motivated people from a variety of disciplines are given the opportunity to work together collegially.
In our highly-competitive, ever-evolving industry, we know we are only as good as the caliber of the people on our team. That’s why Volant is full of creative, well-rounded self-starters who thrive when they’re firing on all cylinders. Building dynamic teams around the world, we have never lost sight of our original commitment to provide a culture of meritocracy and the free flow of ideas.
Brian Donnelly and Philip Cardi, former colleagues from Hull Trading and Goldman Sachs, establish Volant Trading in New York City.
- Office opens at 99 Wall Street
- Options trading launched on ISE
- Stock hedging launched on NASDAQ
- Trading begins on CBOE
- Office relocates its NYC office to 7 World Trade Center
- Hong Kong and London offices opened
- Trading begins on OSE, KRX, SGX, HKFE, and Eurex
- Equity option and stock hedging expanded to multiple U.S. markets
- Launches U.S. broker-dealer and market-making activities
- FICC options market making launched on CME